Monday, August 29, 2022

2022 APP Philadelphia Open: Alix Truong - Singles Bronze Medalist

 


3. Alix Truong’s Singles Day (Gritty) – In this weird professional sport where we have teenagers leading the pack and grinding through pro divisions the same as any other adults, Alix Truong is a name to watch. The list is becoming longer for teenagers getting regular wins in pro events – AL Waters, Jorja Johnson, Hayden Patriquin, Wyatt Stone, Gabriel Tardio, William Sobek and, on the fringe, Porter Barr. Alix Truong looks to be the next one up for teenagers finding their stride in professional pickleball.  (NML Blog: APP Tour Philadelphia Open – 5 Takeaways – DJ Gonna DJ)


0:01 Alix Truong vs Olivia McMillan 2:21:32 Alix Truong vs Milan Rane

2:31:21Highlight 2:32:43 Baseline rally. Side to side. Alix goes behind Milan for a winner as Milan approached the NVZ line.

Alix Truong: My thought process of the point was to get Milly moving side to side in a pattern of forehand, backhand, forehand, backhand, after a few shots she will have to guess which side either forehand or backhand where I will hit behind her. For footwork, knowing that Milly may also be trying to move me side to side, I know I need to recover back to the middle of the court after every shot as soon as I can to get myself in position to go either to the forehand or backhand side and have the advantage to keep her on the run rather than her controlling where I am going. It was critical for my to keep every ground stroke deep, in the back half of the court to ensure that and angle I gave Milly from moving her side to side would not allow her to approach the net

4:04:41 Alix Truong vs Rosie Johanson

4:08:02 Alix serves. On Rosie's return, she rips a two-handed backhand down the line. As she approaches the NMZ line, she hits a line drive for the put away. 4:09:55 Highlight 4:11:50 Highlight

4:58:57 Alix Truong vs Megan Fudge (Bronze)

5:07:25 Highlight 5:10:37 Highlight 5:11:00 Highlight 5:22:17 Highlight 5:22:33 Highlight 5:23:46 Highlight

No comments:

Post a Comment

The RISE of James Ignatowich | Pickleball Skillsets, Strategy, and Tactics

  00:00:00 - Introducing James (Jimmy) Ignatowich 00:03:34 - The Rise and Fall of My Tennis Career 00:07:16 - The Start of My Pickleball ...